Monday, April 27, 2009

Seared Pork Chops with Provolone, Balsamic Vinegar Reduction with Mushrooms and Onions


I had this pork loin...had not a clue what to do with it...should I make some sort of stir fry? No...

I start cutting the loin, and out comes these beautiful chops.



I decided to look around, and I found white button mushrooms, and some yellow onions, provolone cheese...and so...I chopped the onions, sliced the mushrooms...


Put some olive oil in a pan and sear off the chops...placed them in my dutch oven (for the space), put some beef broth in there...



Add slices of the provolone cheese...and put it in the oven (350 degrees) to finish off the chops...then to the onions and mushrooms...Saute them in the oil left over from the chops. Add some butter, and then this glorious balsamic vinegar...and reduce...reduce...

YUM...yummy...



I served it with sauteed cabbage that my beautiful daughter cooked...and some jasmine rice.



I was told...it was good!


Seared Pork Chops with Provolone, Balsamic Vinegar with Mushrooms and Onions

6-8 Pork Chops
2-3 onions, sliced (I did chop mine by accident)
1/2 small container of fresh white button mushrooms
4 tablespoons olive oil
provolone cheese slices - or any other smoked type white cheese
Herbs De Provence (basil, marjoram, thyme, sage, savory and rosemary)
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup beef broth
2 pats of butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Pour olive oil in a saute pan, sear off pork chops, place into a dutch oven, pour broth over chops. Place slices of the cheese on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes (until pork is no longer pink).
In the meantime, add the onions and mushrooms to the oil. I add the Herbs De Provence (about 1 full tablespoons) to this mix. Sauteed until golden. Add in vinegar and reduce. Right before serving, add butter and stir. Serve with the pork chop down and spoon some broth over...then the mushrooms and onions.

Enjoy.


No comments: