Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Encourager

Are you an "encourager"? People tell me I am. The majority of the time, I suppose, I am. Today, I am not. Cranky.

Cranky is a term I can deal with. It is fine for others to be cranky but apparently not me. I am always smiling and encouraging. "But, what if I don't want to be happy today? Do I always have to smile? Wouldn't that make me hypocritical?" I despise hypocrites. I may tell you my entire life story, several times at that, but I won't lie about it. Not even to my children. How does one look someone else in the eye and lie? Bold face.

I subscribe to "Journey", a monthly devotional. Today's subject was "Radical Obedience." Obey is a word referenced a lot for me lately. I believe I am obeying God. I believe that when I am cranky it is better just to be cranky, than to lie and be hypocritical. But it is more than that.

I am struggling with fear and complacency. "A doer who acts --this person will be blessed in what he does" James 1:25. So, if I am cranky am I disobeying? I want to be bold in the spirit. I want to see the blessings from God when I obey.

I believe that obeying is petitioning God, thanking God for what He has blessed me with. Listening. But, sometimes I can be cranky.

I am an encourager. We all have bad or difficult (cranky) days. We need to listen, obey and God will bless our faithful obedience.

Weary.

I am weary.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Blessings today, and hopefully, I won't be cranky tomorrow.

2 comments:

David said...

Weary AND cranky? Oh my!

:)

I don't know if we godless pagans make for good encouragers, but you know I've got your back. You can be as cranky and weary as you like. :)

Kristen said...

Hormones I tell you! Blast them. :-) Smiles and Hugs.