Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkin Seeds

Every October, we attend a families Fall Festival of sorts.  The kids can either color or carve pumpkins, 
bob for apples, eat yummy things, and run around like there is no tomorrow.

Carmen had to work, so David, Stephen and I went.  
It was a beautiful evening, not too hot or too cold.
Stephen was the oldest in attendance this year, but he still loves every minute. 
He immediately went to carving his pumpkin.
He carved his pumpkin, and tried to salvage the seeds for me.  
This pumpkin looks bothered to me. Not at all happy about the carving.


I rinsed the seeds when we got home (this did take more than just a rinse
to get all of the strings of pumpkin off).
Patted them dry with paper towels.
I used a Tablespoon of olive oil, and some kosher salt.
Baked for 10 at 350 degrees, then turned or tossed.
Baked for another 10-12 minutes or until dry.
Cool, and they are ready to snack on.  

They were really yummy, but David thought they were too dry.
Stephen and I enjoyed them. 
So, next time you carve a pumpkin, save your seeds!

Enjoy!



No comments: