Friday, April 22, 2011

Sauteed Pancetta with Kale and Pasta

I realized the other day, that I haven't posted a recipe in a while.  Sorry.  I also haven't been cooking, which explains it, eh?

Oh, well...one of our favorite (kids and I) dishes is pasta.  Sometimes all we do is add olive oil, salt and pepper, oh, and Parmesan cheese.  But, this is my new favorite way (especially when Kale is fresh, and the Pancetta is on sale).

Chop the Pancetta that has been thinly sliced.  Add to a hot pan, begin sauteing until edges are brown.  Add one sweet onion sliced, and 2 to 3 cloves of garlic. Once the onion is translucent, add the kale.  I have to add a pan full, stir, and let it wilt some before adding the rest of the kale (I typically use a 1/2 bag of kale).  Once the kale is wilted (this is your preference on how wilted), add to cooked pasta.  Salt and pepper to your liking, and add cheese.

This serving of pasta is artichoke and ricotta filled tortellini.

The salt from the shaved Parmesan, and the slight smoke flavor from the 
Pancetta was wonderful with the bitterness of the kale.

This is truly one of my go to suppers.

Enjoy!


No comments: