Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Memory Verse #5

Hurdles are difficult, especially in ministry.  We all have them, hurdles, I mean.  I feel led one way, you feel led another.  Why can't they be the same thing?  Are they the same thing?  If we are praying for guidance and discernment, and they are, why is the path different?  Because I want to approach it from left field, but it has been done this way for years, why is left field wrong? Is the way that has been done wrong? No.  Just different.  Different gifts, different approaches. Hurdles. 

I believe that God leads those that are willing to listen.  A vision, path, road is given, and I have been given one. I can see it.  Along the road there are hurdles.  They are in the distance, and small in height.  The closer I get to the hurdles the higher each one becomes.  I have short, stubby legs.  They are difficult to climb over large hurdles.  God places the hurdles at heights reachable for me, if I continue to rely on Him.  The race/path/road is long.  I am approaching a storm, and lots of hurdles.

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good.  His love endures forever." Psalm136:1 NIV


For those that pray, please pray for guidance in my words and actions.  Thank you.

Blessings,
Jerry Ann

No comments: