Friday, March 11, 2011

My heart is heavy.

My heart is heavy is a comment made by a coworker on Wednesday after a particularly difficult afternoon.

Prayer.  Pray without ceasing.

A story was repeated to me yesterday, and I would like to share a snippet.

Satan is speaking with an observer about his tools.  He has many tools that he uses to cause harm, and to keep us from God.  This one is famine, and this is disaster, but this one is the best one of all.  He points to the one he uses on Christians, it is the tool of discouragement.  This one makes them fail.  It is a simple tool, and many people, even other Christians help me use it on their own.

Discouragement.

I am praying for discernment on the path chosen.  I have been through difficult passages before, some more difficult this one.  But...I have never felt bombarded like I do today.  Spears, arrows, bullets are flying at me with such force.  I have no time to breathe and defend one of them, let alone, all of them.

Each difficulty that we are given is for God's glory to be shown.  It shows that He sustains us through all.  I am praying for strength and an answer to this path.  Change is difficult for all, but we must adapt, bend, comply. 

Moses asked God to "show him His Glory" in Exodus.  I am doing the same today.  Sustain me, Lord.

How we feel led to share God's love is a path God given. It maybe to a homeless drunk needing food or a kind word, to a leader of a childrens program in a hurry to complete a project, to listening to a coworker who is needing a hug and affirmation, to a spouse that has had a difficult day, to a child that may only have one good meal a week, to a youth needing guidance, to you, and to me.

How do you share God's love?  Are you discouraged?

"Sometimes we are told to quietly lean on our Savior and rest. At other times God calls us to actively wait.  But we are always to stay close to our Redeemer." - Kelly Minter

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." - Ephesians 3:20 NIV


"You will not have to fight this battle.  Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverence the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you." - 2 Chronicles 20:17 NIV

Blessings.

No comments: