Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Psalm 37

Do not fret because of evil men
or be envious of those who do wrong:
for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

Trust in the Lord and do good:
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture,
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:1-4 NIV

Really? Do not fret? Do you worry? I worry. I tell myself I don't worry. I believe that God is in control, and that so long as I continue my walk with Him, everything will be fine. But I bring it back in and try to control it.

Desires in my heart. Really? My desires are to be healthy and debt free. Really? I need to refrain from anger and turn from wrath (Psalm 37:8).

Wait for the Lord and keep His way (Psalm 37:34). Wait.

Don't fret.
Trust and do good.
Wait.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

But really? That's it? There should be more in getting the desires of my heart. But where is my heart? Is it where He thinks it should be?
Where is your heart?

Are you fretting?
Are you trusting and doing good?

Waiting, trusting. Amen.

No comments: