Monday, February 15, 2010

Envy

It is a terrible thing, envy.

I had it regarding my engagement ring.  I love my current setting - cathedral 1.25 carrot diamond in white gold.  Beautiful.  David did all of the investigating of the diamond, color, clarity, everything.  We picked out the diamond setting. 

A coworker of mine got a solitare diamond recently...gorgeous in a Tiffany setting.  The Tiffany setting is simple and beautiful.  It really makes the diamond stand out.  I wanted mine to look like that...big, showy.

I spoke with David  about resetting my solitare.  Looked a several options.  I am keeping my setting, and just cleaning it more.

Our things are just that - things.  Mine is better than yours...mentality. I believe that we are all guilty at that one time or another.

Want.

The one thing that I have been wanting for a very long time (since I left home 30 years ago) was a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.  I have even tried to win one on www.thepoineerwoman.com - ree drummond gives one away once and a while.  Most recently, this past weekend. 

We, as a family, went to the movies on Saturday. We wandered into some shops, and of course, into Williams-Sonoma.  I went in to price the differences of the Mixers, and ON SALE, was the 90th Anniversary Edition =) Candy Apple Red Artisan Stand Mixer.  Last one was the display model....for $150 off.  Yes!
We bought it...

and I took it out of its box...and it sits on MY counter...and now - what to make?

No, I am not going to reset my ring.  I love it just the way it is.  Always have.

I am giddy about my new mixer.  Pictures and recipes to come soon.  =)

No comments: