Monday, August 30, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

This is my go to version...I have varied it several times.  Use what you have...and it will be wonderful.

I used two Pillsbury (rolled) Pie Crust (top and bottom).  2 cans of chicken, 2 cans of Vege-All (this is a genius can of vegetables - onions, celery, carrots, peas, lima, green beans - and is great in a stew as well), and a can of Cream of Celery.  Also, fresh thyme (use the leaves from 4 twigs), salt and pepper, and 1 cup of sour cream.  Drain the cans of chicken and vege's.  Mix together the sour cream, and soup.  Add the chicken, and vege's.  Roll out the dough (if you don't like the bottom crust -don't use it), use your favorite pie dish, and place your chicken mixture in it. Cover with dough, and poke holes in it using a fork (4 or 5 should do).  Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or the crust is a nice golden color. 

I served it with a cucumber/tomato/onion salad.

This was mine...and I added extra ground pepper. 
Enjoy!
Oh, my 13 year old decided he didn't like pot pies, 
until I had him try it...then it was "can I have some?" 
No, was my answer, and David had seconds. ha.

No comments: