Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Black Bean & Corn Salsa

Tory came for a visit last weekend.  She is a gluten-free girl, as is her sister Serenity.  She makes herself at home here, and I am truly thankful for that.  She normally makes peanut and chocolate chip cookies, but this weekend was shorter.  She likes Mexican type/flavored food, and we had some fiesta cheese, and corn tortillas.

I thought about doing a little something extra for her, so I came up with this:

I drained and rinsed a can of black beans, and corn.  
Added 1/2 chopped onion, and some red pepper.
Also added a little bit of cracked black pepper,
Added a little bit of garlic, and some lemon juice (to add a little freshness).

Tory ate on this all weekend, and she said she really enjoyed it.
Carmen made some fish tacos with it, and some of the leftover mackerel that we had.

Just a tortilla filler, but it turned it into something special.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks great! I recently did a recipe that involved black bean & corn salsa that I bought from the store but I'll have to try this salsa homemade, thanks. Anyway, check out my recipe where I used it @ foodcrazie.blogspot.com
I'm now following you and will stop by again soon.
Best Regards,
Chef Matt