Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Santa

NaBloPoMo 2012, Day 27

When did you stop believing in Santa?  Did some other kid tell you, and then you paid attention at Christmas? Or did you question all the time?

My kids found out about when Carmen was 10-ish.  A friend told her. Same for the tooth fairy and Easter bunny. She came home and asked me.  I told her the truth by saying this:

If you don't believe in Santa, he stops coming.

Hmmm...she is about to be 20 years old, and says she still believes.  Ha!

Do you do any type of traditions like the Elf on the Shelf?  I think that is a cute idea.  Great marketing for the company.  We have a simple cloth advent calendar.  The kids fight over who does what day.  It has hung in my house since Carmen was born.  My mother had one at her house (just in case the kids were there), that is now in storage.  It will go with one of the kids (whoever has children first), and then mine will go with the other.  Passing it along.

And, so the Christmas season has begun at our house.

Still trying to get photos to upload correctly. Yes, I am still frustrated.

Blessings,
Jerry Ann


No comments: