Saturday, March 20, 2010

Pork Stir-Fry

Searching for something to do with pork chops the other day, and I looked in my spice cabinet and found some ground ginger.  I got to thinking that something with a bit of tang would be nice.

So I chopped up the pork chops.  There were 4 in the package, and I cut away most of the fat.
And a small onion, yellow bell pepper, and 4 cloves of garlic.

I sauteed the onion, pepper and garlic in some olive oil, and added about a tablespoon of sesame oil.

I also added the ginger (to taste).  I used about 2 teaspoons.
Saute until the vegetables are translucent.
Then add the pork, cook until done - about 3 minutes constantly stirring.
Then I added about 1/4 cup of the hoisin Sauce.  It is not as sweet as some sauces, but  it also adds a bite. I also added about 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.  Cook until it is thoroughly blended.
Serve with rice - we only use Jasmine rice.  Love the flavor.

Enjoy! 

No comments: