Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beginnings Continued...

I say in the title continued, mainly because I am tired of all of the endings.

I was on vacation last week (my staycation), and accomplished a lot , but not near what I wanted to.  But it is back to the daily grind with a little change.

My biggest accomplishment, I believe, are my children.  Carmen left today for Camp War Eagle (Freshman orientation), at Auburn. It is the beginning of her being away from home. It is the beginning of just Stephen and I as far as school is concerned.

But a wonderful new beginning for her.  She is truly excited, and for me it is bittersweet.  I am so proud of her and what she has accomplished.  Sad because she starts a new chapter in her life, full of adventure and without us.  Truly the beginnings of adulthood.


Carmen at 2 (daycare picture), and one of my favorite photographs of her.  Carmen's smile is contagious. And, isn't just like parents to remember them young and sweet.  One of my favorite commercials is a little 3 or 4 year old getting ready to back out of her driveway, and her Dad sees her like that.  But in reality, she is a grown woman. And the Dad just watches her go.

I believe her smile still is contagious.  She is going to have a great time at Auburn.  I also believe that we have raised her with a sweet spirit of fellowship and love.  I pray that God places in her path godly friends that are strong in their convictions.

He has blessed us with such a precious gift.  I love the woman she has become, and look forward to hearing of her beginnings.

Have a wonderful week.

Blessings.
Jerry Ann

2 comments:

helen tilston said...

Wishing Carmen the best as she moves to her new university. Changes are always difficult and I wish all of you continued blessings.
A beautiful, sincere post
Helen

Jerry Ann said...

Thank you Helen! I so appreciate your sweet comments and encouragement.