Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cute Stuff

I am on vacation this week, and it has been somewhat okay.  We have an older vehicle that needed belt repair for a long while, and this week the battery decided it was time to stop working as well.  Repaired to the tune of $420 later.  But I am not going to let that ruin my time off...too much to do...and do it joyfully.

This is what some call a staycation...staying at home while I have vacation from work (bonus - I am not sick). I have goals, and a list of priorities to accomplish this week.  Weekends never seem to be long enough for my organizing, and the week just piles stuff back up. So it is a never ending circle it seems.

Anyway...one of the goals this week was to empty out my pantry.  I knew it was bad, but really had no idea how bad it truly was.  Jar of Alfredo sauce: expiration Feb 2006!  Yep, that plus a lot more.  2 large black garbage bags full, and some time later = organized.  For the moment anyway.  I had the kids help, and hopefully that will play into keeping it for longer than 3 days.
 NOTHING on top of the refrigerator!!! I love that.
A two drawer system (that I found in the garage), and some other tubs (that I can't find the lids) organized the chips and pasta.  All of my baking ingredients are on one shelf (sugars, cocoa, marshmallows).  It may not look like much, but, oh what a beautiful sight it is for us.

I also added a cutie to my scrap closet.

This was a bonus Decor Elements from Stampin' Up from a couple of months ago.  I LOVE their design and ease of application.  If you need anything from Stampin' Up - Julie is great - and you can find her here:

www.craftasticpassion.com

But isn't it the cutest!  Most people won't see it, but I do from where I sit in the office.  I need to get some small chalk and a chalk ledge so that I can get some great use out of it. 

Well, back to it...still have more to get done...and it is already Thursday!  Have a great day.

Blessings.
Jerry Ann

No comments: