Friday, July 2, 2010

Caeser Salad

Sort of...

Romaine lettuce, chopped.  
Green onions, chopped.
 Croutons (see below)
Dressing:
1 cup oil (vegetable)
1/2 vinegar
1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
salt and pepper
1/2 dry mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

I combined several recipes I found on allrecipes.com.  
I like anchovies but I don't have any on hand. 
Also, raw eggs and I don't get along very well with the auto immune.

Every recipe called for blending the ingredients. 
I loaned my mini blender to a family with a little one.  
So, what to do?  Whisk, baby, whisk.

Croutons:  2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons butter, salt and pepper to taste, 
and any leftover day or two old bread, tear or chop.  
Heat oil and butter, toss in bread and seasonings.  
Toast until golden brown.

Assembly:
Lettuce - green onions - spoon over dressing - cheese - croutons.

Enjoy!  











No comments: