Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu for September 20th

I am trying to be more aware of what we are eating, and our budget.  Menus have always helped with both of these, it is just sticking with it.  So, maybe if I put it in writing, than I must stick with it...right?


So, here is this week (planned):

Monday:  Chicken Pot Pie, salad (homemade croutons) with artichokes, black and green olives.
Tuesday:  BBQ Chicken legs and thighs, Jasmine rice, green beans
Wednesday:  Pot roast (at church)
Thursday:  Date night
Friday:  Calzones, salad
Saturday:  Roladen (recipe to come), macaroni noodles, cucumber salad
Sunday:  Meat Loaf, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, peas, salad

So...there it is.  I will grocery shop on Thursday, see a nephew's football game, and have date night.  Not what I would truly do on one of our date nights, but David and I consider our dates just time together. It really doesn't matter what we are doing, and grocery shopping can be fun with someone you love.

I will keep you updated.  My family is not hopeful. Carmen rolled her eyes (not that this doesn't normally happen coming from a 17 year old teenager).

Blessings!

No comments: