Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nutella Bundt Cake (Part Two)

Well, I finally got eggs.  I should give that credit to David as he did physically get them for me.  So thank you David for purchasing more eggs so that we would have more chocolate cake.  Like we need this!?  I did send 3/4 of this Bundt with our Childrens Minister that was being moved this week.  Brandon is a baker, and would always bring in treats for me to try.  I will miss that.  Hopefully, Brandon and Kristen will enjoy this.

So, instead of keeping everything separated in the Marbled Cake, I blended the Nutella 
throughout the cake mix.  I also omitted the almond extract.
So 1 box cake, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2/3 cups water, 1 stick butter, 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 4 eggs, 
1 cup Nutella, and confectioners sugar.  Beat, bake, and enjoy.

I didn't take the butter out to soften naturally, so I microwaved it for a bit (30 seconds I think). 
I didn't bake this one as long either.  About 42 minutes at 375 degrees. 
Darker batter, and a dark pan.
Cool for about 15 minutes, invert onto your favorite cake plate.
As I have stated, I normally use too much flour in the "grease/flour" pan part.
This time David helped me, and I believe the flour didn't want to stay.
As you can see, part of the top didn't come out well.
So...this turned out to be tasters. Yummy!
I added the confectioner's sugar to the top.  It didn't cover the mistake all the way,
and I think it isn't too sweet with all of the chocolate like icing would be.
I also like the simplicity and contrast of colors.
It was moist, again!  Yes.  This was good.  I don't know if it was better than 
the Marbled Bundt, but it was moist and favorable. 
I think that I prefer the Marbled Bundt.  
It is what my Mom made, and I grew up on it.

Let me know if you try this one.
Try to enjoy!


1 comment:

Lissa Kaye said...

I am definitely going to try this one. I have been wanting to since I saw the original post on the marbled one, so I picked up a large jar of nutella and as soon as the cake I baked for my brother is gone, I plan on doing this one this week. :) I'll let you know how it turns out.