Monday, September 6, 2010

Nutella Marbled Bundt Cake

I had this yellow cake mix, and wanted to make some sort of marbled cake with it.  I love my Mom's bundt pan. So...
 I used about 1 cup of Nutella, mixed together with an egg.  
Used 3 eggs, 1 stick butter, and 1/3 cup water per the cake mix instructions. 
 I used 1 egg and about 1 cup of nutella, mixed.  
I also added about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon to the nutella mix.

I added 1 teaspoon of almond extract and about 2/3 cups of mayonnaise, yes mayonnaise! 
My Mom used to use it--swore that it made the cakes moist.  And, I believed her.  I mixed together the cake mix and mayo.  Took about 1/3 of the mix and mixed it with the nutella and egg mixture.  

Sprayed the pan, and coated it with flour.  (I always use too much flour.)  
Pour the yellow mix in.  Drop the pan onto the counter several times to 
make sure that it is even (and to release any air bubbles).  Spoon over the nutella mix.  
Take a knife and slice into the yellow mix (this should make your swirl).  
Add the remaining batter. Drop pan again making sure all bubbles come to the top.
Follow the directions for a bundt pan on the cake mix (38-43 minutes) at 375 degrees
in the middle part of your oven.  Remove when done (use a cake tester).  
Cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.  
Invert onto a plate.  Once cake is completely cooled, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
Not really swirled - all of the chocolate mix went to the bottom (or top) it was too heavy.  
I will have to lighten this part up next time (although my family says NO).
It is really moist!  I sound surprised! ha.  It really is though.  
You don't have wait 3 days for this one to be really moist.
My family raved about it so much, David had seconds.  So much for this being for the entire week.  =)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

David said...

It was a REALLY good cake! :)

Lissa Kaye said...

I randomly came across your blog and this sounds absolutely delicious! I have recently become a big fan of nutella so I will have to try this.