Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Holy Family Stamp

NaBloPoMo 2012 - Day 14

I was completely taken back with this stamp this year.

USPS Holy Family Stamp

I had to go to the US Post Office today to mail two packages to David.  He needed a pair of gloves, and a treat or two.  While I was there, I asked if they had their Christmas stamps yet?  They did.

I purchased three sets of these Holy Family books.  I love that they are using the wording Holy Family.  It was a comforting sight especially after the last couple of weeks.

I have always said that it seems that those of us who worship Jesus Christ are not allowed to say anything aloud in public because we may offend someone.  We (believers) aren't supposed to say anything for those who choose not to worship Christ, and sometimes a "holiday" break just doesn't cut it.  I want to say "Christmas" break because that is what it is.  If you want call it "winter" break fine, but I am a Christmas break girl.

School programs are asked to showcase Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, but Christians aren't supposed to show Jesus.  In fact, Stephen participated in a Holiday Showcase (in Kindergarten) that showed all things winter including Father Winter (I don't know really who he is), but not Christ.  I am completely for others being able to showcase their beliefs, but then allow us (Christians) to do the same.  We need to learn about other cultures and religions.  I try to keep an open mind, but everyone should get the same piece of the pie and then everyone is happy (I know, but).

I went off...and I am sorry if I have offended anyone.  Wait, I am not sorry.  I am sorry if you are offended by equal time.  I don't shove my beliefs down your throat, please don't shove yours down mine.

So all of my cards will have this Holy Family proudly placed on each and every mailing I do this Christmas.  I am feeling quite blessed by being able to do this, this year.  I think I need to purchase enough for the next several years, especially since they are "forever" stamps.  Isn't that appropriate? The Holy Family Stamp is a Forever Stamp.  I love it.

Blessings,
Jerry Ann

No comments: