Saturday, November 10, 2012

Southern Girls and Football

NaBloPoMo 2012 - Day 10

I live in the panhandle of Florida in between Pensacola and Panama City.  Some people call it South Alabama, but I don't.

But we are part of South East Conference in college football.  I say this because everyone here is a fan of either Florida, Alabama, Auburn (lots of those) or LSU.  I am a lonely girl by liking Arkansas.  I was raised twelve miles souteast from the University of Arkansas, and went there some.  (Partied there, more than anything.)

So, as far as I am concerned, Fall is football season.  We look forward to this time of year more than most. Which in itself really insane.  But most of the SEC fans are insane.  We have to be to do what we do on game days, or during the season.

My wonderful hubby is an alumni from LSU, and LSU and UofA (Arkansas not Alabama) have a game at the end of the season called the Boot Game.  I love it. We have more fun cheering on our teams. Hurts most of the time (especially this season), but we love each other and football.

Southern girls and football  I found this picture (quote) on Pinterest, and it is truth.

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday.

Blessings, 
Jerry Ann

No comments: