Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankful

NaBloPoMo 2012 - Day 3

So there is this thankful thing going on over at Facebook.  Some of my "friends" are doing this daily.  I think this is a great idea, but I don't want to follow everyone else. I never do.  I believe that it is based off a book somewhere, but I have not seen it to verify.  Just because someone says it, someone else does it.  What ever happened to telling our children "just because Joe jumps off the bridge doesn't me you have to!"?

This month is about being thankful, but the stores already have out Christmas items to purchase and decorate.  I am not ready for Thanksgiving yet, so for me to think about Christmas is not happening.  I do buy things for people on our list beginning October, but I like to have a lot of that out of the way.

I tend to see stuff I want in November, which means I am not very thankful for what I have, right?  I am trying to remove clutter, but then I see more stuff I want.  Daily.  It is very aggravating to have this happen so often. I must get into gear and get the clutter gone!

So one thing I am doing to prevent this from occurring is that I am not getting anything out that has to do with Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving.  The bonus will be that the kids will be home, and I will have their help in what to put out.  Then I can have some of the items already purchased, wrapped and under the tree.

Stephen's birthday is December 2, and Carmen's is January 1st.  So it has always been challenging to sort out birthday and Christmas gifts.  Although it seems that since they are getting older it is a bit easier.  Because their birthdays are so close I have always bought for them early.  Then when I got their "want" list, I could compare and go and fetch more if needed.

 So back to being thankful.  I am thankful.  Thankful for blood work that comes back with the results wanted. Thankful I have a home, with a roof, more than enough to eat, and a loving family.  Thankful for friends.

Thankful.

What are you thankful for?

Blessings,
Jerry Ann


No comments: