Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veterans Day

NaBloPoMo 2012 - Day 11

Happy Veterans Day!

First and foremost, to our men and women in uniform...past, present and future...God bless you...thank you.

I have been surrounded by military.  My father, who died 3 months before I was born, was in the Army, active duty.  When I was almost 4, my mom married the man I called Daddy, who was also in the Army.  He retired when I was 7, so technically I didn't grow up in the military.

I married a man who was in the Air Force, and was married 13 years.  I am grateful to the people who helped us along the way.

I now live in a community that has two bases nearby.  I understand their ranks, and their sacrifices.

I am grateful for my upbringing, and for my past.  It has made me who I am today.

So, thank you again for you ----anyone who has ever served in any branch of military, and to their families.

Happy Veterans Day.

Blessings,
Jerry Ann

No comments: